Sport England is the government agency responsible for building the foundations of sporting success, by creating a world-leading community sport system of clubs, coaches, facilities and volunteers.
We want to create a vibrant sporting culture working in partnership with national governing bodies, our national partners, the HE/FE sector, local government and community organisations.
Our focus is around three outcomes - growing and sustaining the numbers of people taking part in sport and improving talent development to help more people excel.
We have set ourselves five targets which will see us deliver these outcomes:
- One million people taking part in more sport
- More children and young people taking part in five hours of PE and sport a week
These targets account for 15% of our investment.
- More people satisfied with their sporting experience
- 25% fewer 16-18 year olds dropping out of at least five sports
These targets account for 60% of our investment.
- Improved talent development in at least 25 sports
This target accounts for 25% of our investment.
For more information visit the Sport England website.